2 cups sugar
12 TBL butter at room temperature, cut into pieces
1 cup heavy cream, room temp
1 tsp sea salt
1. Put the sugar in a 2-3 quart heavy bottom pan. Heat sugar over medium high heat, whisking it as it begins to melt. Stop whisking once all the sugar has melted.
2. Continue cooking until the sugar turns amber in color.
3. Add in the butter and whisk it in completely. Be careful, it will bubble up.
4. Turn off the heat and whisk in the cream until you have a smooth sauce.
5. Stir in the salt.
6. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before you put into a glass jar.
7. Enjoy the awesome sauce on anything, especially extra premium vanilla ice cream!