24 hard peppermint candies or 4 medium candy canes
- Cover cookie sheet in wax paper, foil, or parchment paper.
- Place candy coating in 8-cup microwavable dish. Microwave uncovered on High 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until almost melted. Stir until smooth.
- Crush peppermint candies in heavy plastic bag with rolling pin. Pour candies into wire strainer.
- Shake strainer over melted coating until all tiniest candy pieces fall in. Reserve larger pieces.Stir coating to mix evenly. Spread coating ¼ inch thick on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with remaining pieces.
- Let stand 1 hour or until cool and hardened. Break into pieces.
Drizzled peppermint – Heat ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips or white baking chips and 1 tsp. shortening until melted. Drizzle over bark before letting stand 1 hour.