½ cup evaporated milk
2 cups chocolate chips
1 ½ cup flour > 1/3 t. salt
1 1/8 cup brown sugar
1 ½ cup quick oats
2/3 t. soda
1 cup butter softened
- Melt caramels and milk in a glass dish in microwave.
- Stir every few minutes until smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients and butter until crumbly.
- Press 2/3 crumb mixture into a greased 9X13 pan, and set aside the rest of crust.
- Bake crust at 350 for 5 min.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips while crust is hot. Pour caramel over top. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top. Bake again for 15 minutes, top with barely start to brown.