1 jar (12 oz) caramel ice cream topping
2 bars milk chocolate candy (broken in small pieces)
12 pecan shortbread cookies, finely crushed
3 Tbl butter (melted)
1 c. pecan halves
1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream
1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
1. Combine caramel and chocolate pieces in microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every thirty seconds.
2. Crunch up pecan cookies into crumbs and combine with melted butter to make a crust. Press into lightly sprayed spring form pan. Place in freezer.
3. Coarsly chop 1/2 c pecans and leave the rest for the top.
4. Scoop half of butter pecan ice cream over crust, pressing into an even layer. Drizzle one third of caramel-chocolate sauce over and half of the chopped pecans. Scoop half of the chocolate ice cream over first layer. Drizzle half of remaining sauce and sprinkle more pecans. Scoop remaining buter pecan ice cream around edge of pie and scoop remaining chocolate ice cream in center. Top with remaining pecan halves and drizzle with remaining sauce. Wrap loosely with foil and place in freezer until firm (about 4 hours)
5. Before serving, refrigerate dessert for 30 minutes to make slicing easier, release collar from pan and cut into wedges.
yields: 16 servings
prep time: 30 mins
freeze time: 4 hours
Courtesy of Pampered Chef