* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 cup water
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 4 eggs
* Vanilla Cream Filling
* 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
* 1 cup milk
* 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Place butter in a medium saucepan, add water, salt and sugar. Bring to boiling, stirring until butter melts. Add flour all at once stirring vigorously. Cook and stir til mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate. Remove from heat: cool 10 minutes, Add eggs one at a time to flour mixture beating with a wooden spoon after each addition for about one minute or till smooth.
3. Drop batter from a spoon onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Leave 3 inches between puffs to allow for expansion. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove puffs from pan. Cool on a rack
4. Slice off the tops or cut in half, and wit a fork gently scrape out any moist dough. Work carefully so that you do not puncture the crust.
5. Vanilla Cream Directions
6. Whip the whipping cream and set aside
7. Beat pudding mix and milk, then fold in the whipped cream and vanilla.
8. Fill puff pastry with filling and apply the top.
9. Drizzle with melted chocolate glaze
Microwave morsels and whipping cream at HIGH in a 2-cup glass measuring cup 30 seconds to 1 minute or until melted, stirring twice. Whisk in butter until blended, and spoon immediately over eclairs.*Can substitute vanilla filling for whipping cream w/powdered sugar and vanilla for a lighter filling.