Monday, February 28, 2011

Andrea’s Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts



Crust: I picked up a sugar cookie mix (Betty Crocker) and mixed it according to the "rolling out" cookie instructions. I rolled about a 1 1/2 inch ball out of the dough and pressed into a *muffin tin. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove as soon as possible without breaking the shells. You could also use premade dough or your favorite sugar cookie recipe. Depends on how easy you want to do it!


*I'd recommend using cupcake liners. Mine had a hard time coming out well.

Filling: 1 8oz pkg. cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sour cream
2 T orange juice
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c powdered sugar


Whip this all together and then drop into the tart shells
Topping: Sliced fruit/berries. I used blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, kiwis
Microwave 1/2 Cup apricot preserves plus 1 T water until runny and brush over fruit.

A couple of tips... make sure you cool the tart shells all the way or they will break when you try to take them out.  Also be sure to not make the dough too thick on the bottom or they will really puff up when you back them.  Mine did that the first time.  I also use a small cup when I take them out of the oven and push it into the tart a little to make the space for the filling a little bigger. One last thing is to be sure your cream cheese isn't cold or it won't blend well and you will have chunks in it.  I learned all of this the hard way.  oops.  You might know all these tips already, but I am not really a baker so it was a learning process.  Enjoy them!

No comments: