1 recipe pastry for a 9-inch double crust pie
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves boiled (I used chicken from a roasted store-bought)
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 (10.75 oz) can cream of celery soup
1 can condensed cream of potato soup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry.
- Blanch frozen veggies for 3-4 minutes.
- Dice chicken and place in a large bowl.
- Add veggies, thyme, and soups.
- Stir and pour filling into pastry-lined pie dish.
- Arrange top layer of pie crust, seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top of the crust to allow steam to escape. (or weave a lattice top crust)
- Place pie on cookie sheet.
- Put aluminum foil around the pie crust edges.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.