Monday, June 23, 2008

Barb's Chicken Won Ton Salad

My piano teacher growing up has the best recipe for this chicken won ton salad. We've made it twice in the last two weeks and I'm thrilled to have leftover for lunch today! (just not looking forward to soggy won-tons....) When I made it for dinner last week Phil told me that it was the best salad he'd ever eaten. He even helped himself to seconds (that's saying a lot for someone who didn't eat salad before we were married...) So, thank you Barb C for this fantastic recipe!)

Won Ton Chicken Salad
2 c. cooked chicken (small chunks)
2 heads romaine lettuce
1/4 c. sesame seeds, toasted
3 green onions, snipped
2 stalks celery, cut THIN, on the diagonal
cherry tomatoes (optional)
won ton wrappers, slice with pizza slicer into strips and deep fry to desired crispness

dressing:
1/4 c. oil
4 t. rice vinegar
3 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1 t. seasoning salt

ENJOY! (I know you will)

No comments: