- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Bake Time: 35-40 minutes
- Cool Time: 1 hour
- Stand Time: 30 minutes
1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups thawed, fat-free frozen whipped topping
1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into ungreased rectangular baker, spreading evenly. Bake on center rack in oven 35-40 minutes or until top of cake is golden brown, cracked and firm to the touch. Do not underbake. Remove from oven. Using oven mitts, carefully invert onto a cooling rack; cool completely. (Do not remove cake from pan.)
- Turn baker upright; poke holes in cake about 1 1/2 inches deep and 1/2 inch apart with large fork. Zest one lemon to measure 1 tablespoon of zest. Juice lemons to measure 1/4 cup of juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest; whisk until smooth. Slowly pour glaze over cake, spreading evenly. Let stand 30 minutes or until glaze is set.
- Attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with whipped topping. Cut cake into squares. Garnish each serving with whipped topping; top with raspberries.
- Fresh raspberries, tossed with 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar, can be substituted for the frozen raspberries.
- You can prepare this cake ahead of time through Step 1. When the cake is completely cooled, tent the baker loosely with aluminum foil until you are ready to serve the cake; proceed as recipe directs.
- To cut easily through angel food cake, use a gentle sawing motion with a serrated bread knife.