This was SO good last night that even the kids enjoyed it! It tasted a tad like pesto and it was extremely fluffy. For those of you who don't know what a frittata is, it's kind of a cross between a quiche and an omlette. Give it a try, Heather said it was a cinch!
2 Tbsp milk
1 plum tomato, chopped
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup white mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
oil for pie pan
1. In a bowl beat the eggs and milk together.
2. Mix in the tomato, 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese, bacon, mushrooms, and basil.
3. Oil the a 9" pie pan.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the pie plate.
5. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
6. Top the frittata with the remaining cheese and return to the over for 10 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Courtesy of Paula L