1 cup canned pumpkin
½ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 dozen ginger snaps
1 quart vanilla ice cream
1. Set ice cream out at room temperature to soften.
2. Arrange ½ of ginger snaps in bottom of 8" square baking dish.
3. In medium-sized mixing bowl, blend pumpkin, sugar, salt, spice and slightly softened ice cream.
4. Spoon ½ of ice cream mixture over ginger snaps.
5. Arrange a second layer of ginger snaps over ice cream.
6. Spoon remaining ice cream over top.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least 5 hours or overnight.
8. Cut into squares and serve plain or with whipped cream.
Courtesy of Kraft Foods